heating timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View media item 83997
can i remove 2 of the blue/red catches, so 2 remain instead of 4? i dont need 4 periods on the timer.

if not i'll just leave it on constant.

(the unit was annoying positioned right next to the boiler so u have to crane your neck to barely see the constant/water only/ timer switch lables)

Sponsored Links
This should be in the plumbing and central heating forum

Your other post should also be in home appliances.

With regards to your question.

The red is on and the blue is off.

At this time of year people do not usually use the heating all day.

Most people who work, want the heating on a bit in the morning, then on again just as they get home from work for a few hours. That is how mine is set up.

You may have the option on a switch (looks like it is on the side), for "twice" or "once". Once will ignore the two middle toggles. So it will turn on with the first one, but not go off untill the last one.

Just leaving it on constant, if you are not in the house and/or you are not cold is a waste.

The best maxim is, only use the heating when you need it.

Ok, points noted about forum sections

The heating thing is, I use the thermostat and turn it down when going out. That keeps the heating off. Magic really.

If that works for you.....fine.

Most people use a combiation of the two. I get up at 7, my heating and hot water come on at 6, the thermostat keeps the boiler on untill the desired temp is reached. It then turns off by the time I leave. Same towards the evening.

The timer allows you to turn on the heating and hot water before you get up, and before you get back from work etc. ready for when you get home.

The thermostat will usually only turn of the heating pump, it does not turn off the boiler (depends on your boiler) or change the temperature of the heating. If left on constant, and you have a hot water tank, the boiler may still be chugging away keeping this hot 24/7. Depending on how well insulated your tank is (if you have one), you may be wasting a lot of money.

Sponsored Links
You have two timing periods, on at 1800 Hrs, off at 1000 Hrs, on at 1100Hrs, off at 1230 Hrs. Seems to be wrong to me?
Frank

You have a combi so I would upgrade that timer to a modern single channel programmer and you can set it to single on and off.

Daniel.

if I remember right the blue and red tabs just connect with the dial and rotate it
so I would say yes you could take one of each of them off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back