Heating with 2 down feeds issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Apologies if it's not the right terminology but our heating appears to be split in 2 halves. What I mean by this is I drained my entire heating system down today but after draining it down, we found 4 rads still full of water.

We then discovered another drain off valve which was still full. Speaking to a heating engineer friend, he suggested we have 2 down pipes from upstairs.

We refilled all the rads and they all filled fine with no blocks from what I can tell.

Problem is that the rads coming from the 2nd down pipe are not getting warm, or only one of the 4 is warming up a tiny amount.

Any ideas what it might be causing the issue.

Sponsored Links
Air. Turn off the hot ones and as the others heat up turn them off until you get the last one going, you can then turn them back on, let them get properly hot, before turning off.

Air. Turn off the hot ones and as the others heat up turn them off until you get the last one going, you can then turn them back on, let them get properly hot, before turning off.

Thanks Mick. I will give it a go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back