Heatline 24 Vizo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heatline 24 Vizo//goes thorugh the motions & the burner lights//3 seconds later it shuts down//this happens on CH or DHW//lockout light is flashing//checked ionisation probe for cleanliness & security,seems good//anybody any half decent ideas//Thanks Gents// :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Its a fault with the condense trap. Get it fixed free under warranty. Remove the front panel and and the back left you will see two wires entering the condense trap via a blue plug. Remove the white HT lead and tape it up. The boiler will work fine. The problem is the probes get wet and the boiler thinks the condense traps blocked. Your local heatline agent will do a free mod under warranty.

Its only a one year warrantee on those boilers and as he has been called to it I would guess its out of the time period.

What does the official mod consist of?

Tony

if it is down to the trap then it will be under warranty. the trap with probes in was add in to the vizo's about 6 months ago. so all vizo that have this problem will be under warranty

the mod is so complex that if i told you agile your head would explode :eek: i imagine it took the folks down heatline HQ many hours to come up with it

Sponsored Links
Maybe its as complex as those boilers where you have to drill a 10 mm hole in the air intake tube about 75 mm from the fan.

On one boiler the first official advice was to remove the air intake tube and throw it away.

One service engineer did just that but the owner did not trust him and retrieved it and put it in his shed!

I refitted it for him after adding the hole!

Tony

Listen to this one lads..........Heatline now have a 'Technical helpline' number charged at 50p per minute.I tried the normal numbers but I was told to ring the '0906' number.
I'm absolutely disgusted. :evil:

Thats what Saunier Duval did before withdrawing from the UK market!

It seems to be part of the road to closure.

In many ways I see that as a pity because I think the Heatline is a good quality boiler and apart from their unatractive appearance capable of reliable service if they were ever installed properly on a clean system.

Tony

Its only a one year warrantee on those boilers and as he has been called to it I would guess its out of the time period.

What does the official mod consist of?

Tony

Tony,I did the one day installers course and the official mod is.......wait for it............a 20mm plastic overflow knuckle.I laughed my head off.

Sorry Josh. Thought you were the end user!. Yeah the mods consists of sniping the probes off flush and fitting a small marley type overflow elbow.

How does the elbow come in, if trap is full it overflows instead of cuting out, installer gets called back to a "leaking boiler".

You have to remove the green plug with the two leads fitted from the condense trap. Snip off the two spades from the inside of the plug so there flush, then fit the elbow pointing upwards in the place of the plug then refit the plug on the top of the elbow.

Yep,true to form it was the condensate probe.Took the white wire off and away it went.I've done the 'modification' and it's running like a good 'un.Thanks for all posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back