Heatline C24 Capriz condensate trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The white plastic condensate trap on the C24 Capriz model has three horizontal ports on the top half
and one vertical port on the lower half, which screws out.
The lower port i assume is for venting to drain.

One of the ports on the top half has a black rubber hose connects which comes from the top of combustion chamber,
but at 90 degrees to this port are a further two ports, the upper of these having a blue plug in it.
Can anyone kindly explain the purpose of these two ports extra please.

Before anyone comments, i am not touching the gas and flue, that is being left to a Corgi engineer.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
what a strange thing to ask :eek:

may i ask who you are and why you want to know?

what a strange thing to ask :eek:

may i ask who you are and why you want to know?

It has been suggested to me that it needs two drain pipes, one from the lower port and another from the upper port.
I cannot see the reason for having two drain pipes.

right...

i have a new trap sitting in front of me and the old trap design that it replaced...both only have two ports at that top...

now looking back through my notes It looks like you have a trap which is about 3 or 4 redesigns old. which begs the question where you got it from?

is this off a second hand boiler? maybe with a 5 finger discount? :LOL: i cant remember if i have ever seen one in the wild.

Sponsored Links
I have just bought a flat which had been empty for 9 months.
The system had been drained and disconnected.
I have replaced all the old radiators, and filled the system ,now i just want to sort out the
condensate outlet before a get it checked for gas safety.
There is no hose connecting the outlet at the moment.

since you have add a comment to my profile i guess you must really desperate to know... :rolleyes:

the first page of the manual(that you should have) shows how the trap should be. my guess is that you don't have it as you would not be asking.

so here is what i would imagine it should look like...

as you can see it does not drain from the bottom. the white cap(in your case blue) is where on some models of heatline a trap sensors is fitted. the modern day heatline traps don't look like this and drain from the bottom.

best bet is to fill the trap up and the first place water starts coming out is where you fit your drain pipework

does that help?

mehran,
Thank you very much for your very helpful reply.
I finally decided not to take any chances and called
a boiler engineer to sort it all out, boiler is now up
and running.
But your kind help is very much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back