Heatline C24 No DHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a heatline C24 which was installed by the previous occupiers and is now 2 years old, yesterday we had no hotwater so I checked the boiler and the divertor Valve is leaking.

I removed the Divertor Valve Motor which was damp so I have replaced that but when I press the pin in on the DV I get a small amount of water coming from around the pin and sitting in the black nut,

Is there anyway to replace this? is there a DV service kit for this model? or do I have to replace the whole valve (if so how do I do this)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Sponsored Links
right.. i reckon it is you that is sign up accounts to wind me up!!!! :LOL:

yes there is a dv kit, cant remember the part number. phone heatline to make sure it is out of warranty and see if they will do a price for a repair.

but i would make sure your system is clean, this fault is often caused by a dirty system.

Thanks, I will call Heatline.

Can you let me know roughly how I fit it.

Whats the best way to clean the system? can I do it myself? if not how much should I be looking to pay?

Regards

Sponsored Links
If divertor valve is leaking you can get a service kit if im thinking of right model.
You may also need to check the motorised head that fits onto divertor annd also the lead that connects divertor to pcb.

If its been leaking a while it will fill motorised head with water, then fill head of lead with water and then start blowing fuses.

Ignore Mehran and the Mouse for a moment while I explain!

Heatline boilers are one of the cheapest to buy. As a result they were always badly installed without cleaning the system. A year or two later the gland seal fails and water leaks into the diverter valve motor often damaging it.

Thats not the boiler's fault but the effect of a cowboy installer doing a cowboy job for an owner who would not pay the proper price to clean and guarantee the system.

We charge £840 to install a Heatline costing £399 but then we do clean the system and give a proper guarantee unlike nthese fly by night cowboys.

Tony

Ok, I have phoned heatline and they have given me the part number of the DV service kit (3003202082)

Can anyone give me a few tips on fitting this kit.

Thanks in advance

you should always buy replecement parts direct from the manufacturer for boilers. The boiler manufacturer booklet which should be left after installation, will give you info on this. I am guessing you replaced the diverter vave motor with a normal/standard diverter valve motor (synchron motor)

what i mean is, don't just put a part in that isn't exact for that particular boiler - most boiler parts vary per boiler... they are not all standard. yes what you say is true, you can get them from different places, but what i mean is, make sure the part is specific for that boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back