Heatline C28 - Which pipe?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a new build house which we moved into a few months back. After using the heating system for the previous few nights I'd noticed the top floor radiator was in need of bleeding. Unfortunately due to the massive amount of air that was released (did all of them to check and a fair bit came out!) the system pressure has now dropped below the minimum and the warning light is flashing.

I've spent the past 40 minutes under kitchen cupboards, pulling stuff out and looking under the boiler but I can't see which one is the pipe I need. Could someone confirm which of the pipes is the filling loop for me so I can attempt to follow it and find the valve? Its a Heatline C28 which we have all the installation certificates for but no manual and the heatline website is completely useless.
I've read the FAQ and understand what I need to do but simply can't find the correct valve. I have a horrible feeling the builders have built the kitchen cabinets over the pipes and not cut a hole to access the valve :mad:

Any reply would be greatfully received as the missus is dying for a bath after a long day at work and the builder isn't answering for us to 'claim' on the house certificate (for an all be it relatively simple job)

Sponsored Links
bet you wish you never bleed the radiator now :LOL:

the filling loop 'should' be connected from you cold to a heating pipe. normally it would be under the boiler and is a silver braided hose with valves. so go to the boiler look under it then try to follow the cold the best you can till you see it.

from the sounds of it it has been boxed in as it should stand out like a sore thumb.

the c28 will need at a min 0.8-0.9 bar system pressure to fire.

if you get despaired you could always try and pump the air back in :LOL:

I've had a look and there are basically 2 pipes it could be. The larger diameter copper pipe enters the boiler in the centre with a yellow tap. There is a red tap on the left, a pipe next to that with no tap and two blue taps on the right. There is also a plastic pipe similar to a washing machine waste pipe connected to the rear left of the boiler.

I'm guessing its either the large centre pipe or the plastic one altho I wouldn't have thought a push fit would be suitable for the pressure of the system. If anyone could just confirm which of the 5 copper pipes it is then I'd be very grateful. My name is well and truly mud for doing a simple thing like bleeding the radiators! She'd have moaned if all the trapped air caused a problem and I never did anything about it!! Can't win!

Can't do the hose option as don't have a tap to connect the hose to, getting an external tap plumbed in is on my list of things to do but its quite low down!

Sponsored Links
ok... don't touch the middle one with the yellow handle as it is the gas to the boiler...

the cold is second from the right as you face it(the small valve with blue handle) follow the pipe that goes to that valve till you see something that comes from that pipe and goes to a heating pipe(the two heating pipes are the onces that go to the big right hand side valve with blue handle and the far left valve with red handle)

i

just to add, it be external to the boiler. the valve that attach to the boiler are nothing to do with filling it

Right well to save confusion, here's a photo of the underside of my boiler...

IMAGE_002.jpg

The second blue tap from the right is the cold inlet you say, followed that but uncertain of what the silver valve attached is to be honest (does it need a flexi hose connected between the two to fill it up?). It connects to a narrow copper pipe oin the left which runs up and down from ceiling to the floor to the best I can tell.

IMAGE_002.jpg

pretty new build :eek:

follow the pipe on the left you mention.

edit. cancel that.

a flexi pipe should join the two screwdriver valves that are capped off at the front.

look to see if the flexi has been left on top of the boiler.

The flexible filling loop hose has been removed (in accordance with water regs), its connected across the two ball-o-fix points that presently have chrome caps on (knurled edges). Have you got a braided metal hose about 8" long with wing nut things on the ends and wondered what its for. If not ask the neighbours for assistance.

No flexi hose on top of the boiler, there wasn't one left round when we moved in (even asked the missus as she has a tendancy to bin things when she doesn't know what they're for!)

Thanks for your help gents, I'll stop in a plumb centre tomorrow to pick one up as it'll be a damned sight quicker than going through the hassle of getting the builder in.

the silver braided hose have been removed...which is technically correct thing to do but leads to blokes trying to work out how to fill the systems back up :LOL: see high light area below:

you need to find the silver braided hose and reattach it. [/img]

Update!! The missus had a sudden thought of a metal pipe being left on the worktop the day we moved in (inconsiderate builders apparently not even cleaning up after themselves!) and she shoved it away in one of the cupboards while I was unloading the van. After connecting it up and slowly filling the system back up its all working again! Thanks again for your help, its been very much appreciated :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back