Heatline Vizo 24HE - No DHW but lovely CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps, sorry to spring a first post problem on you.

I had a Heatline VIZO 24HE retro fitted to replace my old back boiler last October. To be honest it has been brilliant (apart from long DHW pipe run) until recently when it has developed a DHW problem.

Problem started with DHW running cold every few minutes and now there is none at all. The CH is fine and works very well.

I have watched the burner and when you open a hot tap the burner comes on and then goes out after about 20 seconds. I have also noticed the red light next to the power light comes on when the burner dies, then goes out again when the burner comes back on approx 45 seconds later.

The Heatline engineer says the heat exchanger is full off crap (classic symptons) without even looking at it.

The rads have been flushed through with Sentinal cleaner and inhibitor added.

So can anyone offer up any thoughts as to what my problem is.

The Heatline engineer is coming out tomorrow but I don't want to be fobbed off with it's not covered matey line.

Cheers

Del

Sponsored Links
at this point I would be tempted to agree with the heatline engineer. Classic plate heat exchanger symptons

hello, i am a heat line service agent (i cover hartlepool and the area around) and from what you have said it sounds very much like block heat exchanger.

if it is a block exchanger it is classed as a installation error so not covered under the warranty... he may be able to fit a new plate heat exchanger once and then suspend your warranty till your system is cleaned as heat line does give people second changes. no guarantee that he will do this though so don't get your hopes up :confused:

one more thing if he does find it full of crap don't give him a hard time :evil: as he is only doing his job, in the long run it is a benefit to have a clean system as it will keep your boiler running for longer :confused:

Old back boiler systems are often the dirtiest and hardest to get clean.

Yet another install where a bad install gives the Heatline a bad name :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Old back boiler systems are often the dirtiest and hardest to get clean.

Yet another install where a bad install gives the Heatline a bad name :rolleyes:

Cheers for the info chaps. Don't get me wrong, I think the boiler is brilliant for the price and I fully understand if the problem is a result of the sludge from the old system. The guy who fitted it did flush it out with some sort of chemical cleaner but didn't power flush it.

I shall speak to the Heatline engineer about the replacement heat exchanger.

I contacted the installer first and he said he has had a few problems like this with retro fit boilers of all makes. He suggested I get a 'Magnaclean' unit fitted into the return pipe to prevent a re-occurance of this problem.

Will let you know what happens tomorrow.

TTFN

Del

Begs the question then as to why he doesn't quote and fit a magnaclean as standard then :confused:

I do and so do many like me:cool:

I contacted the installer first and he said he has had a few problems like this with retro fit boilers of all makes. He suggested I get a 'Magnaclean' unit fitted into the return pipe to prevent a re-occurance of this problem.

Del

I am sorry if anyone thinks that I am being harsh on installers!

The installer is required to install a boiler on a "clean" system in accordance with BS5740 !

Heatline are one of the very few Manufacturers who give the customer a "second chance".

They will replace or clean the plate HE once and then suspend the warrantee until the customer has a receipt for a power flush.

This installer is totally at fault because he is willing to fit the boiler ( which you probably bought yourself at B&Q because its the cheapest at £399. ) without power flushing the system as he is supposed to do.

He probably charged you a very low cost to fit it. Thats his problem! We charge £840 whether its a Vizo or a Vaillant. BUT we fully guarantee against any problems caused by dirt.

I am sorry to say that your installer is probably of very low intelligence and you should require him to sort out the problem at no cost to yourself. If he undercharges for the installation he is just undercutting those of us who do a good job!

Take him to the small claims court if necessary and if you were in our local area I would represent you free of charge! I dont like cowboys!

I do hope he is CORGI registered and he notified CORGI and they sent you a blue certificate by post??? If he is registered and you did not get the Certificate then complain to CORGI ! You need the certificate when you sell!

Tony

PS
The Heatline is a very good and reliable boiler but only if its correctly installed on a clean system! Few are, because homeowners expect a £399 boiler to be installed for peanuts. Its only cheap because its assembled in a third world country like Turkey.

The Heatline engineer has been out and as expected it's a blocked heat exchanger. There is also a problem with the divertor valve in that he can see water on the actuating pin that operates the valve and reckons again it's crap in the system causing some o-rings to leak.

The upshot is I am getting the system flushed, a Magnaclean fitted and then he is coming back to fit a new heat exchanger and divertor valve.

Hopefully that will be it all sorted.

Hats off to the Heatline warranty department and the engineer

TTFN

Del

And a kick up the ass to the installer ( or perhaps to the person who asked him for a budget job? )

The cost of sorting it out should be paid by the installer if he was paid a proper price for the job of perhaps £500+. We charge £840 to install a boiler!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back