Heatmiser RC1-WTS - Wiring Confusion!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a standard central heating system which works ok, however the room stat is wired in the living room. Yep living room nice and cosy, rest of the house not so, to make the rest of the house cosy, turn room stat up and radiator down! Not ideal.

Having visited a friend got really impressed with his wireless set up, so off i googled and purchased a Heatmiser PRT/HW-WTS wireless programmable Thermostat with Hot water output. Included in the kit is the Heatmier RC1-WTS Wirless Receiver.

The instructions are very basic, and so am I! Removed my current Room Stat and time controller out of the wiring centre--- wired in the wireless receiver got it to communicate with the thermostat but could only operate one zone for the heating, zone two for the Hot Water not a chance!! After a lot of head scratching and not being able to see the wood from the trees, had to unwire the wireless receiver and return back to my original Room Stat and Time Controller.(All working fine).

I have attached a wiring diagram (sorry borrowed from this forum) amended it to my current system layout which works.

I have the following:

HE MAIN 15 Boiler
Drayton Lifestyle LP241 Dual Channel Time Controller
Drayton MA1 Mid Position Valve
Drayton HTS 3 Cylinder Stat
Drayton ? Room Stat

I have inlayed the wiring diagram for the wireless receiver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to wire up zone 1 for heating and zone 2 for Hot Water.

[/img]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back