Heatrae sadia DD210 thermal cut out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've moved into flat which has a heatrae sadia dd210 hot water cylinder (with a grey top). It has 2 electric inputs, one at the bottom for economy 7 and one mid way up for boost.

Every other day the hot water runs out and when I check, what I believe to be the thermal cut out on the bottom input has tripped. It's a small hole labelled "safety" with a red pin in it. When i say it's tripped, the pin is further out than normal but still within the hole, so i have to use scissor tip to click it back in.

This is happening quite frequently. I have the bottom control temperature set between 3 and 4 out of 5. Is there anything I can do to see why it's tripping?

Thanks
Billy

Sponsored Links
Any repairs to an Unvented hot water system MUST be carried out by a copmpetent person who holds unvented G3 Certification ;)

Thank you both for your replies. I'll get someone to come out to it ASAP.

Can I also ask, when I come home after work to find the water cold and the safety tripped, I reset it and the water heats (I can hear the immersion starting instantly). This happens even when it is well outside of the E7 times.

Any idea how this is happening?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back