Heatslave 15/19 Oil Boiler Hot Water on Demand Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

I've had the plumber in numerous occasions now to fix this boiler.. Several things were wrong, and at this stage, the diverter valve and expansion tank were fully replaced. The boiler has been going well for a few months, but now another problem has emerged. Was wondering perhaps if its DIY-able.?

Basically, calling for heat and hot water work as they should. But as i understand it, the boiler has always given hot water on demand - washing hands etc, even when there is no call for it. Currently, this rarely happens anymore. I've noticed the hot water on demand to be much better on a day where the boiler has been working at some point during the day, but even then it can be sketchy. Is there anything I can do to fix this myself, or should I give the plumber another buzz?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
You need to establish whether the controls are working. Firstly, is the programmer feeding the DHW heatstore stat?If so, is the dhw stat working, i.e is the heatstore hot?. If so, when you turn on the tap, does the pump start and the burner fire? If yes, then is the flow pipe from the heatstore to the dhw heat exchanger hot, if yes, is the outlet dhw hot? Is there a significant difference between the flow from the cold water and the hot water? If yes, then DHW heat exchanger could be scaled up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back