heatslave 15/19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i got a worcester heatslave oil boiler, xmas evening the fuse went in the plug so i changed the fuse, now it won't even fire up, has anybody got any ideas, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Has replacement fuse blown.
Any lights on the fascia lit.
3.15 A pcb fuse intact ?

Hi terry, the replacement fuse is ok because the red light, i think its power light is on & the pump works, but burner won't fire up, as for the pcb fuse it looks intact, thanks for replying.

Have you trying ed hitting the burner reset button and/or the overheat reset button?

Sponsored Links
Try the burner lock out light, and the overheat thermostat. If burner does not try to start, then the control box may be goosed. If the burner motor buzzes without starting, then either the motor or the capacitor are inoperative. Something obviously caused the fuse to blow, and could do with identifying.

Hi mate, iv tryed the lock out button but when you push the button it stops, what is the overheat thermostat, yes i think its something simple, thanks for the reply.

Overheat reset button lives on the underside of the control panel.
What do you mean by "but when you push the button it stops"

I wonder if the burner is in a state of permanent ventilation.

OP - does the burner sound like the motor/fan is running but it's not teaching ignition/flame-on?

Overheat reset button lives on the underside of the control panel.
What do you mean by "but when you push the button it stops"
Hi mate when i said push the button it stops i mean the button on the burner

I wonder if the burner is in a state of permanent ventilation.

OP - does the burner sound like the motor/fan is running but it's not teaching ignition/flame-on?
Hi mate i took the burner out & back plate off & you can see the fan going around

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back