Heavy duty fixing into breeze block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have recently bought some gym equipment (a folding squat rack) which needs to be attached to a wall.

I have a breeze block wall that I think is some sort of concrete aggregate. I'm reasonably sure it's not an aerated block like thermolite as I cannot easily penetrate the surface if I force a screwdriver head into it.

What type of fixing would you recommend? An anchor bolt perhaps?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Rawlplug Sleeve Anchor Projecting Bolt

Thanks for the recommendation!

On a side note, is there a guaranteed way of determining the type of concrete block I have?

Lastly, I know I shouldn't fix into mortar, but the position of this equipment means that a couple of the fixings will have to be attached into mortar. Do you have any recommendations for what I should use in this instance?

Sponsored Links
Lastly, I know I shouldn't fix into mortar, but the position of this equipment means that a couple of the fixings will have to be attached into mortar. Do you have any recommendations for what I should use in this instance?
Avoid it! If it is unavoidable you are going to have problems with equipment that has movable parts. I can only suggest the best way around this is to build securely fixed frame to the wall and attach your gym equipment to that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back