heavy objects

there are two sides to every coin.

you will always have a rotten employer who will use the threat of job loss to force an employee to do as he says.

you will always get a jumped up comrade employee that will sue his gaffer unless every rule is adhered too.

the lack of common sense in this country drives me nuts.

Sponsored Links
noseall said:
i suppose i hadn't accounted for the fact that most humans nowadays are completely devoid of any reasoning, haven't the ability to make a decision or have any common sense whatsoever.

'eh pal, go jump in that lake'.

mmmmm... i see why companies are bieng sued now.

It is amazing how few people can apply common sense and decide for themselves what to do in a difficult situation.

And how many refuse to make any preparation for the un-expected. Like aircraft passengers ignoring the safety leaflet and not counting seat backs between then and the emergency exits before the lights go out.

"" This cannot be dangerous because it would be illegal for the boss to let me do anything dangerous at work ""

So very few people look out for danger and most wouldn't recognise danger until it hit them in the face. Then they sue the person who should have prevented the danger. When they should have been looking out for themselves and not passing all the responsibility for their safety onto their employer.

Wish people would stop trying to protect the employers who flagrantly bend the rules and put their employees under stress to get jobs done at all costs with no regard to their health. these employers prove they don't give a s*it now so how can you expect support when you are confined to a wheelchair for the rest of your life.
If it was a choice between a large payout for a crippling injury or an employer not putting me in a dangerous situation in the first place I know which one i'd choose!

Sponsored Links
markie said:
there's a limit to what you can carry by yourself, not sure by law what the kg's are, but by rule of thumb ;) :LOL:

1/2 what you think you can lift and you'll still be walking upright when you retire

Back