HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

I have recenlty plastered a load of walls in my house and have painted most with a matt mist coat followed by a top coat of the final colour, they have turned out great........ However!

I have just done my last two walls and notices that the mist coat is a bloody Silk Emulsion :cry:

Whats going to happen if I put a matt finish on these?

Shall I leave it a week in the hope it bonds before painting?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the mist coat is Silk finish and was watered down in the correct way, a light sanding prior to putting your top coats on wont cause any problems.
The mist coat should be sanded prior to applying further coat anyway and any little bits of filling can be done on top of it also. Dont Worry. ;)

its not the end of the world. matt is the preferred option but if you follow the advice given you won't have any problems.

you say the wall looked "great" with a mist coat and 1 top coat, did you thin the mist coat down as i would normally apply a mist (thinned about 20 percent) then at least 2 more coats.

i would normally apply a mist (thinned about 20 percent) then at least 2 more coats.

In my experience I would go for around 70/30 but this figure depends on the brand of the paint.

Sponsored Links
And by the way silks when used to mist should be thinned no more than 10 to 15%.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back