Height of a Bathroom Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am re-furbishing my first floor bathroom. I am removing the existing radiator which is just above the skirting board and fitting a new chrome radiator on a different wall. I want to mount this radiator 800mm approximately above the floor ie. the valves at the bottom of the rad will be 800mm above the floor. The rad is 1150mm high.
Will I have any problems with water flow through the rad? Should this work OK?
I have an older (1993) conventional Gravity fed sytem with a Potterton boiler and pump.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It will look silly, offer it up to the wall at 600mm and see what it looks like :cool:

The reason I want to fit it higher up is because it will be on a wall above the end of the bath. There is not sufficient gap between the bath and wall to fit it lower down as normal.

Before I finally decide where to put it, I wanted to know if there is any technical reason why a radiator mounted at the height I mentioned would not work?

Regards

If its the only place it will fit, then fit it there. It will work

Sponsored Links
if the header tank is in the loft it will be ok, if its not the rad may not fill up

The reason I want to fit it higher up is because it will be on a wall above the end of the bath. There is not sufficient gap between the bath and wall to fit it lower down as normal.

Before I finally decide where to put it, I wanted to know if there is any technical reason why a radiator mounted at the height I mentioned would not work?

Regards

Shame you didn't say before :rolleyes: yes that is a usual place toputit.

Make sure its not the shower end though. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back