Height of vent pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could anybody help me with a dispute that i am haveing at work, about the height of a vent pipe above the water level of a F and E tank. I thought the height was 460mm where possible, and not just hung over the lip of the tank as in this case. If so do you know of any sites where i can confirm this measurement. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have never heard of any particular measurement but in any case its the height above the water level thats important. I would suggest 300 mm should be an absolute minimum and 450 mm a good height. That gives some spare capacity should the flow pipes get a little blocked.

Its the distance between the feed and the vent connection thats critical. This should be two tees on a straight pipe and the tees must not be more than 150 mm apart. That 150 mm is the oft quoted figure.

Tony

The height we were taught was 40mm per metre of head plus 150mm, so if you have a working head of say 5 metres the height would be 350mm above the water level in the cistern.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back