Held filling these holes and boxing in pipes please....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. I am trying to box in some pipes left by the previous tennant after they moved a radiator. There are some pretty big holes left in the wall, far bigger then I have filled before so unsure how to tackle them. Any tips, I dnt think my normal filler will do the job! Also any tips on boxing in the pipes wall is 275cm long and the pipes are raised to 17cm high in the corner. First time Ive tried this, think just two planks of wood and gluing together and to the wall/floor? Sound about right?

Perhaps I should get the rad moved by I'm on a budget!? How much would that be roughly?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 229
Sponsored Links
It's hard to tell scale in the last photo.

I would use a length of skirting to match the existing and fill the top gap with some mdf or timber as a box
You could make it as a removable L section that screwed to batons/blocks or fixed

Gripfill can be used to secure wood to the concrete but a couple of screws as well

A bit of patching plaster might help with the big holes- but take a long time to dry and take several goes.
Or fix wooden blocks behind and cut in a small bit of plasterboard, cutting away the bad edges

Get a bag of one coat plaster from Wickes; it'll fill 2" at a go, but best use a dryish mix, and keep it to an inch. After that, you could use mdf covered chipboard for the boxing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back