Heldite, Oil tank

i believe the next oftec update will include a type of hardened shelter over the tank, in case a satellite falls onto it :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link. I'm not quite sure what you mean by need a Drott not a JCB, since I don't know what a Drott is.

Anyway it would seem I have the right base, 100mm slab on top of at least 100mm of old concrete. The slab has reinforcing mesh too since it is over different bits of concrete. BCO has approved my construction spec.

OFTEC never seem to consider in their diagrams fire walls. Having 300mm all round when the tank is in the middle of nowhere is clear enough but if you are building a fire wall then clearly you don't need the 300mm. OFTEC say somewhere allow 60mm for tank bulging so I've left at least 100mm clearance to the fire walls.

a drott i believe , is fkkn big. well small ,medium, and large i think. anyway thats covered all the options :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back