Help …have just dropped red wine on carpet! Ideas please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just knocked a glass of red wine over a carpet (salmon-ish coloured). Following this calamity have covered the stain in salt, followed by some champagne as there was no white wine available and this seems to be a common recommendation.

I am now trying using some cold water over the already treated area. The plan is to follow this by using a steam cleaner.

Does this method sound sensible to those in the know?

Any help very much appreciated

Sponsored Links
White wine & Salt I used on mine. Then I bought over the counter carpet cleaner.
Its there if you look at it.
Your post made me do so. :LOL:

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to get hold of something called Wineaway (comes very recommended), but it only seems to be available on-line. So it will take a few days to get here, no doubt?

Sponsored Links
My first action would be to get straight down to Thresher and get some more wine! :LOL:

Thanks for the replies. Following some effort with a steam cleaner we seem to have pretty much removed the stain so there will be no requirement to treat it any further, fortunately. Prior to reaching this happy state of affairs I took Deluk's advice and bolted down to the nearest offy for some white wine. Upon recounting the spilled red wine incident to the bloke behind the counter he replied, "Only one item for the job...Blue Nun. Use it all the time. The great thing with it is you ain't genner miss drinking it!"

So now you know, folks. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back