HELP - 3million gallons of water gone through my watermeter!

Sponsored Links
meter reading in June = 32m3
That's a very low reading for a meter which was installed 18 months ago, it means you have only used approx 60 litres total per day - national daily average is about 150 litres per person.

One explanation is that your water meter was replaced earlier in this year. Did this happen?

Did you read the meter yourself or are you quoting from your water bill?

If you were losing so much water, the ground would be soaking wet. You can ask to have the meter tested (it is sent to an independent lab) but this costs about £50, which is refunded if the meter is faulty.

globalste said:
THe only thing we have had was a mains water burst up the road which shut off our road for 4days, this was middle of May.

Could be they ferked the meter up when they turned the water back, the timing looks about right.

we are really concious about water and try and save whenever possible. We moved into the property in November so have only been here 7months when the reading was 32m3.

The ground is bone dry, infact we have struggled to get the grass and plants growing in it because it has been dry.

Not sure if the water meter has been replaced, it hasnt while we were here.

Yes i find it too much of a coincidence to have a mains water burst up the road (2nd time in 2years according to our neighbour) in middle of May and then somewhere between June and now we have stupid readings on the meter. When the mains water blew, the shockwave blew all the mains electric located across the road from us (almost directly opposite the water meter infact) which they had to dig up.

The only strange thing is that we had a meter reading on the 2nd June which was 32m3, which was in line with our useage from our other readings. So, sometime after that reading on the 2nd June we have had our meter go mental.

Sponsored Links
I know this is a really old post (well a year old !) but I remember reading it last year and it came up on a search earlier when I posted about my water meter fittings.

Just curious as to the outcome .........

it just drifted away
ice-skating-074.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back