Help :applying to be a apprentice electrician

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, just wondering if you guys can help in any way , I have just finished my gcse,s and done quite well and I am hoping to get a electrical apprentice and have been sending emails with cv,s attached to various firms with no joy in fact some have not even bothered to reply. If I dont get a apprenticeship with anybody I am going to go to college for the trainging which will take four years but if I dont get a placement within this period would this be a disadvantage as I wont have any hands on experience?. Does anybody have any ideas hints how a firm would take me on as a apprentice, the money is not that important its the experience I require.

Thanks, Tom

Sponsored Links
Yes I got on the training scheme, found a job and went to college (day release).

If everything goes right, it takes 4 years to become an electrician, I have been qualified since 2000ish and work for a national company.

Sponsored Links
Can fully recommend JTL they managed all my training through my apprenticeship. Advice would be to try and get in with a big firm to get a wide variety of experience.
I started off at college on a full time course and they arranged work experience placements for us to gain some skills on site. might be worth approacing a few local sparks and offering to help out for free to get some hands on practical experience.

Can fully recommend JTL they managed all my training through my apprenticeship. Advice would be to try and get in with a big firm to get a wide variety of experience.
I started off at college on a full time course and they arranged work experience placements for us to gain some skills on site. might be worth approacing a few local sparks and offering to help out for free to get some hands on practical experience.

Hmmm.

In all the tales I've read here and there, of dodgy customers, manky lofts, freezing cold building sites, I've never seen anything like

"And to cap it all the firm across the road were shooting and lobbing mortars at me."

:mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back