Help!!! Before I freeze to death

Sponsored Links
In that case unfortunately I do think you'll need someone to look at it :(

If you follow gaspro1981's instructions you should get 15 mins of heat at a time, if I recall correctly.

If you have hot water, I don't suppose it will be too difficult to fix for someone who knows the boiler.

Sponsored Links
If you do have to replace the stat, get something decent. A Honeywell would be good.

Great! Thank you so much everyone. At least running up and down 3 levels of a house between my lounge (laptop) and boiler location has kept me slightly warmer - will get someone round tomorrow :)

Thanks ever so much again - me and the dog will be snuggled up under the quilt together I think tonight!

Sarah :)

Nowhere have you mentioned the hot water!

I expect thats working.

It sounds as if the receiver unit is not working correctly.

Any competent RGI should be able to temporarily disable that to get you heating!

Tony

Hi

Yes I had hot water all along.

Now all sorted - it was the receiver so come tomorrow will be the proud owner of a Honeywell Receiver - but Engineer has given me temporary heat in the meantime.

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me

Sarah :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back