problems with wireless Salus RT500RF & Worcester Bosch b

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pleasecan someone help me?

We had a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Junior boiler put in about 3 years ago and have a wireless Salus RT500RF which all has been working fine until a week ago.

The boiler and wireless thrmostat are not always working together. Sometimes all works well and the thermostat tells the boiler to come on and go off with no problems, other times (mainly morning and night) the boiler stays on when the thermostat has already told it to turn off (the thermostat shows us that the temp has been met and the flame has gone off).

Here is what we have tried:
1. new batteries
2. resetting the programme (sorting the pins out in the box near the boiler and doing the same with the thermostat, then resetting it)

Please can anyone give us some info, its coming close to winter, ive a baby on the way and my once fab boiler is stressing me out!

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Does it work OK if you hold the control unit near the receiver?

If so, you have a signal strength problem, or the Salus is on its last legs. Salus RF stats do not have a very good reputation. It might be better to change it for a more reliable make such as a Honeywell.

If it's just a thermostat, go for the DT92E; if programmable the CM921 (24 hr) or CM927 (7 day).

Thank you for your reply, I will try the thermostat near the boiler tonight, if not looks like a new thermostat then,

Thank you once again I really appreciate your help since I have no clue or idea about boilers or thermostats

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i have fitted loads of these and only had one go wrong.

i am guessing your installer has failed to change the frequency when he installed it, they come factory set.
So, all it takes is for installer number 2 to fit a boiler nearby and fail to change that frequency too.

This means that someone in the vicinity is controlling your boiler from their house. It can be fixed by changing the frequency on the sender unit and restting the receiver unit.

It only takes 5 minutes to do but some installers cant be bothered to do it.

Usually the 'bang it in brigade' installer. No flush, boiler done in a day type people.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back