HELP - boiler has a slight leak - inside reveals rust - PICS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

First post here and I'm after some good advice if poss?

1) Boiler make / model (gas or oil)

Gas/Combi - Ariston Microgenius 23 MFFI

2) What is / is not happening

Slight leak is dripping small amounts of water from underneath the boiler - heating/hot water is ok and shower is fine but after further investigation it appears there is something leaking inside that needs fixing.

See pics below

DSC07730.JPG

DSC07731.JPG

DSC07732.JPG

DSC07733.JPG

DSC07734.JPG

DSC07735.JPG

DSC07736.JPG

DSC07737.JPG

3) Has ANYTHING else been done / changed recently

Nothing

4) When did it (problem) start

Noticed it in the last few weeks (Had the heating on a lot - boiler was installed 6 yrs ago according to the paperwork that came with the flat)

5) When does it happen? eg, heating coming on or going off

Seems to occur when heating is on (when pump in use i guess?)

Thanks for any advice - is it the pump needs replacing?

Any rough estimates on price would be much appreciated too (I live in North London)

Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
At best the o ring seal will require replacing
At worst the pump housing will have a crack or pin hole and will need replacing.
Price? Not sure about london.
Agile will help you there.

It's difficult to say where the leak might be coming from, although the AAV would be worth checking. It could even be a leak from the main heat exchanger union nut within the combustion chamber!

So you need a good boiler engineer. Fortunately for you your area is covered by Agile who is one of the best (or so he likes to tell us ;) ). Look up his profile for his email, or wait for him to come across this thread (around 11p.m.).

Thanks to you both for your virtually instant replies and diagnosis!

I've found threads with comments from "agile" but how do I view his profile?

Ta

Paul

use the forum search, type in "agile" as author, then when you see name in blue, click on it :)

Sponsored Links
Look in the main topic list for topics (threads) where Agile is listed as the last poster. Agile will be in blue and you can click on it for his profile.

chrishutt said:
Look in the main topic list for topics (threads) where Agile is listed as the last poster. Agile will be in blue and you can click on it for his profile.

Done - thanks a million !

Paul

London is a bit big, might help to say where more presisely!

He said North London in his first post. As I understand it you don't go north of the river?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back