Help! No heating or hot water after gas safety check

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Hi all we have an ariston microgenius 23/27 mffi

Lovely chap came yesterday to do annual gas safety check (which it passed with flying colours)
However now we have no heating or hot water

If you switch hot water tap on, the boiler makes all the right noises and then the red ignition failure light comes on. There is no pilot light on when we look through the viewing hole. Have pressed the reset many times to no avail. I'm sure it is something simple he may have forgotten to switch back on but as its the weekend we are unable to get an answer from the office.

We have gas to our hob so I am guessing the supply is on...

Hope this is enough info for someone to help!

Many thanks,

Mary

Sponsored Links
Forgot to say that all the valves on the pipes below are open except the 2nd from the left which from the manual is the domestic cold water inlet? Also pressure is at 2

Check gas inlet tap is on. Apart from that you will have to wait for Monday. You could try texting him with your problem he may pick up.

I think your right, was just wondering if it was something I could do - can I ask where the gas inlet tap would be - manual says it ps the pipe in the middle (in the pic I posted) the screw bit is showing open (sorry have no idea what it is actually called) :rolleyes:

Have tried texting but no luck

Sponsored Links
Oh my goodness you're a rockstar, the valve was switched off!!! Thank you so much, just made our families weekend so much better :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Phone him Monday and tell him off.:) Pressure to system should be approx 1.2bar with the system cold reduce pressure by bleeding a radiator.

Another fine job...... NOT!! Still like most of us you fixed it ya self like most of us have to do after the so called experts have had a play... Well done you.... (n)

Your right(y) fancy leaving the gas turned off on your clients boiler after the safety check, yet another prick returns to the field:mrgreen:

I wonder what other faults he/she/it may have put on there:(

as its the weekend we are unable to get an answer from the office.

Fortunately Mary-Ann was able to seek help via the internet. Now suppose it was an elderly or vulnerable person who could not do what Mary-Ann did. It could have left that vulnerable person without heating for several days.

The "Lovely chap" who forgot to turn the gas back on deserves negative critique, but the "professionals" on this forum don't like anyone criticising "one of theirs" . They cannot justify the lovely chap's error and they certainly cannot be critical of it so instead they abuse the person(s) offeing the negative critique.

Do they hope that by denigrating the person giving the critique they will devalue or invalidate the negative critique ?. If they do it is a false hope and maybe they do not realise that their abuse gives some insight into their attitude to customers.

Simple fact of life that rgi,s are not infallable and make mistakes like everyone else, another simple fact is the world is full of anchors that wait for a mistake to be made and then take great delight in pointing it out, complete to$$ers

Your right(y) fancy leaving the gas turned off on your clients boiler after the safety check, yet another prick returns to the field:mrgreen:

I wonder what other faults he/she/it may have put on there:(

C@CK!!!

Simple fact of life that rgi,s are not infallable and make mistakes like everyone else,

That is of course true. It is the reaction to hearing about these faults that varies from abusing the person making the critique ( a few on this forum ) to other RGIs ( not on this forum ) who would take their colleague / apprentice to task if they made the same mistake.

The bottom line is the RGI left the house without having ensured the boiler was in working order when he left the house. Why would he test the boiler was working and then turn the gas off after testing the boiler fired up correctly ? Instead of abusing people try and explain how that could have happened.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back