Help!! can anyone advise on where to buy venetian blinds??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if i am in the right section here so i'm sorry if it's not, but me and my fiancé have just brought our first house together. We need a set of Venetian blinds, however, are saving up for our wedding so money is tight, yet good quality is imperative.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
look in your local papers or yellow pages for your local suppliers.
Try asking on Freecycle

so does B & Q, lots of places do them. But in the long run save a buy some custom made ones (That is custom made to the colour and size you want)

Sponsored Links
I had heard of a company called direct order blinds but i not sure, it's an internet company and don't like ordering things from the net really. Has anyone heard of them. i mean i been on their website ................. and they look ok and at a great price to, but i'm not sure of the whole order over the net thing.

There's nowt wrong with internet shopping if you're careful. Personally I wouldn't use them as they don't accept paying by a card only Paypal or Google checkout which always makes me a bit suspicious and is a load more hassle. They also don't seem to show an address which is another alarm bell. Make sure the site has a UK address and a landline you can call in case of any probs. When you go to pay make sure (if you're paying with a card (preferably a Credit Card as this gives you greater protection)) there's a little padlock in the bottom right hand corner of your browser which means its encrypted. Its not that hard to find sites that still have a telephone number you can place your order on to avoid having to key in your card details and you can actually speak to a human. You can also look up companies on line to see if they have any reviews. http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/before_you_buy/online-shopping/tips Go on, take the plunge! Or support your highstreet! :D

I done it! I took the plunge :D i brought blinds from the net they have arrived and i am very happy with them. I Brought perfect fit blinds which means there was no drilling they just clipped right in. Which was great. I did buy them from Direct Order Blinds and i found them helpful and great on delivery (next day TNT) and also a great price. I would recommend them to anyone who was looking.

cheers for the help guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back