Help choosing PIR for full glass conservory with alot of sun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I would like to install a pir for a conservory which does get hot in summer time at 43 degrees and morning sun hit it hard. the place is 6 m long by 5m and had a african grey parrot in it.

can anyone help choose one. As I have use dual pir microwave and pir in other places and still gave false trigger in other room like store.

the alarm panel I have is g2-20 which I installed like 12 years ago.

any help much appreciated

also what u think for a garden pir or still not worth putting as I have loads of plants in there and sun.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Personally I would use ( and have used ) a through beam sensor rather than a PIR sensor in a conservatory or similar location.

A through beam is more expensive and requires more wiring ( there is a receiver and a transmitter and both require a supply ) but would be far less prone to false alarms and more reliable in detecting an intruder.

I used an Omron E3S-AT11 for a 6 metre long beam and so far ( more than 10 years ) no problems.

upload_2021-8-1_10-1-2.png

Good quality dual technology sensor sited in the correct position and microwave sensor adjusted for that room.

Sponsored Links
Good quality dual technology sensor sited in the correct position and microwave sensor adjusted for that room.
what would be good position. I am assuming not facing towards the front glass or direct sunlight? Also I want to mount it on a wall which just has a fence but worried next door moving around will pick up from behind sensor ?? is that possible on the microwave on this as I know it is on other sensors???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back