Activ8 AM-DT 8IR140

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought one off ebay...cheap to fit in in laws conservatory (as standard PIR keeps false alarming),

I have the 8IR110's in my own house and have no problems with these in my conservatory - that's what I understand about the DT's as they need both signals to alarm, hence why I got the 8IR140....

Not got home to check yet but I was sure the 110's have just one connection for the NC zone connection covering the PIR and microwave?

This appears to have 2 connections for the PIR but then there's the other 2 for the antimask connection?

So I need 8 core wire, and there's only 6 into the conservatory.

This would put the sensor over two zones?

I don't really understand but I guess these are 4 connections - 2 for the PIR, 2 for the microwave (effectively?)

any help appreciated

thanks

EDIT...bit more googling!

Understand the anti-mask now I think......(clue is in the words), so I can just not bother with the anti-mask connections, the dual tech is covered under the PIR NC connection to the zone?

EDIT 2....search function...understand it now

//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/installing-a-dual-tech-pir-with-just-6-cores.460834/#post-3665525

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
don't need it, also depends on what panel its being put on as to what you can do with limited cables.(resistors).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back