Help designing an offset soil vent pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,
I am trying to design an offset soil vent for a timber bungalow that I am building. I want to offset the vent pipe on to the gable wall which is out of view but it means the vent is not directly inline with the soil pipe. How do I do this? I have put a link to a drawing I have done.

Thanks for your advice

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ta9mibxyrg9han4/plumbing layout (1).pdf?dl=0

Attachments

• plumbing layout (1).pdf
    48.8 KB · Views: 218
Sponsored Links
Dry/vent part can be offset with no issues. You can even vent the drain completely separate from your soil pipes if you prefer.
In your case I'd run the toilet in horizontally as a branch into the stack rather than dropping it straight in to the vent branch.
However you are fine to use an aav on the WC "stub" if necessary due to the vertical distance.
The basins will be ok as long as you use 50mm pipe on the horizontal section (and ideally on the vertical, especially 32 will pull the traps) for ideal try to bring them in lower than the vent if possible to avoid pressure from the toilet if you don't have an aav.

Regarding the boiler I guess you have a good reason for not using the outside wall and having a long internal flue and gas pipe.

Last edited:
Dry/vent part can be offset with no issues. You can even vent the drain completely separate from your soil pipes if you prefer.
In your case I'd run the toilet in horizontally as a branch into the stack rather than dropping it straight in to the vent branch.
However you are fine to use an aav on the WC "stub" if necessary due to the vertical distance.
The basins will be ok as long as you use 50mm pipe on the horizontal section (and ideally on the vertical, especially 32 will pull the traps) for ideal try to bring them in lower than the vent if possible to avoid pressure from the toilet if you don't have an aav.

Regarding the boiler I guess you have a good reason for not using the outside wall and having a long internal flue and gas pipe.

Thanks johnD, I will re order the pipes slightly with the vent coming off of the stack on an 87.5deg triple joint piece, then a triple boss joint with the shower, basin and kitchen, and boiler condensate, all on 50mm pipe, then down to the rest bend. Is the length of the dry air vent piping an issue? The boiler is going in the cupboard in the centre of the house as there is an UFH manifold below it, and space is of a premium in a small house!

Sponsored Links
Is the length of the dry air vent piping an issue?
No as long as it's at least 70mm I think is the limit and of course keeps going up hill it's fine. It's just to stop pressure build up and traps sucking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back