help finding a suitable desk

S

snadge

My GF has spent many weeks trying to find a suitable desk (for computer) for the small bedroom, its going to be a computer / relaxation room... she cant find one and was wondering if anyone on here had any advice on where too look?

requirements:

1. must be white
2. must be no more than 600mm deep
3. must be 'wide' like preferably 1800mm wide (will consider less)

this desk will house a PC, I would prefer there to be a compartment underneath where I can put my MIDI keyboard (musical keyboard) but not essential.

can anyone help me here?
where would I find something like this cos she on about buying a white kitchen worktop and sticking steel legs on which i DONT like the sound of

thanks

Sponsored Links
can anyone help me here?
where would I find something like this cos she on about buying a white kitchen worktop and sticking steel legs on which i DONT like the sound of

thanks
Actually that sounds like a good plan, you can get nice worktops and legs that look better than a similaraly priced desk.

Agree with freddy, you could add high gloss 300mm wide kitchen draw unit to each end and have storage under still leaving 1200mm for your leg space.

Does your MIDI keyboard, connect to the computer? If so, you could construct a slide out shelf under a piece of worktop, so when you want to play it, you just slide it out, switch on and blaze away. No need to disconnect it each time .
I had something similar in my last house, except the worktop was about 2m long and also had my amp and speakers set up below. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
thanks guys... this is what we are doing - she has found some IKEA stuff you can build your own table 2000m x 600m with units at either side and legs at back, you buy the sliders to fix under neath as advised...

thanks again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back