Help finding drain cock to repressurise worcester 28i junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I need to repressurise my boiler but I cant find drain cock to drain the system first. I have seen the method in FAQ but the location of drain cock cannot be found. Is there another way of draining system through a radiator for example?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
take cover off,find prv and open it up,red cap with pipe going outside turn anti c/wise and watch pressure drop

Thanks for reply
Will that drain the water out? It says in the FAQs section to NEVER use PRV to drain water out says to use drain cock that I cannot locate.

Why do you need to drain it?and yes it will empty the system and rads that are above your boiler,open the air vents if you need to get the rads empty above the boiler hieght,

Sponsored Links
take cover off,find prv and open it up,red cap with pipe going outside turn anti c/wise and watch pressure drop

:eek: :eek: Not a wise move :rolleyes:

Why are you wanting to drain boiler if you are trying to increase system pressure?. Have you got the inhibitor to add if you drain it all off.

Why do you need to drain it?and yes it will empty the system and rads that are above your boiler,open the air vents if you need to get the rads empty above the boiler hieght

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :evil:

I "accidently" let all the air out of the expansion vessel through the valve at top of boiler.(long story) The problem was the Air pressure switch which has now been replaced C/H worked for about half an hour then cut out cause no air in expansion vessel? Now nothing working.

Right nough said.

Issolate cold feed to boiler and close flow and return. lower front facia and drain point is under the pump. Release pressure from boiler via here then pump up the EV, open issolations and repressurise the system, bleed air from HE and rads. Now cross your fingers and turn on hot tap, if thats working try heating and let us know the outcome.

PS. Bleed point foe HE is behind front cover, black tap with clear tubing.

;)

thanks for reply.

I take it gas should be turned off? Where is the draining point under pump is it the large brass screw where the isolating valve is?

No gas does not need to be off.

What model is it exactly you have, ie, is it the greenstar?

Assuming it's a not the Greenstar Junior (condensing) then the drain off on the boiler is indicated by the arrow. There is no bleed point on the heat exchanger.

Do NOT use the safety valve (red cap), it is not designed as a drain-off. Ignore postings from alan m 1974, if you're not careful he'll wreck your boiler with his inexperience.

Ok you have the RSF, left of pump grey plastic nipple. TRack copper from back of pressure clock where it meets black plastic drain is below that ;)

Now follow previous post.

yes thats it do I just pull off white cap or do i need to attach a hose or something?

Ideally you attach a hose then unscrew the white valve a little untill water comes out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back