Help finding timber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fix treated timber across some 1.8m fence panels, and stain them a gold colour so it looks a little like red cedar. Ideally I want something about 11mm or 14mm thick, by 100mm to 150mm deep. And obviously 1.8m or 3.6m in length. Tried everywhere but struggling

Any ideas where I can get the size I’m after? Or other suggestions on getting a similar look

Sponsored Links
treated will be a minimum 19mm-25.4mm[inch]look up gravel boards
11-14mm will be fully unstable wont easilly hold fixings without the chance off damage

Cheers big-all

Didn’t even think about gravel boards. Picked up some earlier 19mm x 150mm, quick sand and stained with Ronseal one coat Harvest Gold. Going to look great...

When the Mrs has painted the 100+ gravel boards, twice (for good measure) if she hasn’t divorced me by then I’ll get some photos up :)

Sponsored Links
remember any treatment colour it came with will fade and disappear within 2 years so dont rely on it as an undercoat help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back