Help fixing a toilet flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got no plumbing expertise, but I'm sure this should be easy. I've uploaded a picture of my problem - we have a toilet, the button lifts the green hook (arrowed in the pics), which lifts the white tube & makes the toilet flush. The problem is that the hole that the green hook goes through, has snapped, so the button doesn't make it flush anymore. It still works fine if you manually lift the white tube up.

There are loads of other holes lower down on the white cylinder, but if I put the hook onto one of those, the tube stays up, and the toilet constantly flushes. What do I need to do to fix it? Is it possible to easily change the white tube? It's from Geberit according to the writing inside, but I can't find this model on the geberit website.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Flush.jpg
    Flush.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 117
Sponsored Links
Does the tube rotate so that you can make another hole at the same level as the break? Or can you bend a bit of thick copper wire into a hook which goes into a lower hole and has a looped top end at the level of the break?

Does the tube rotate so that you can make another hole at the same level as the break? Or can you bend a bit of thick copper wire into a hook which goes into a lower hole and has a looped top end at the level of the break?

The tube doesn't rotate, but I like the idea of just using some wire to get to a lower hole. Looping through a lower hole would be easy. Connecting to the green 'hook' might be trickier, it's hard to explain but a wire would just slip off. I'll have a think about what might clip onto the hook!

Sponsored Links
The top section is adjustable so could be lowered by one notch, rod hooked back on next hole down. Will the button still reach? If not google fixthebog and they may have a replacement flush valve. Firm grasp of whole unit & a little twist and you can remove the whole valve leaving the bottom section ("basket"). If your one is no longer available they can usually advise which current model will fit the "basket" which saves you having to remove the cistern

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back