Toilet Flush broken - replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Apologies as I am not aware of the technical names for things, I have attached photos! The toilet stopped flushing, when I had a look it turns out the part labelled with the green arrows (in the pics) had two clips barely hanging on. It seems these clips hook into a tube in the large white cylinder with the green top and this makes the whole flush mechanism go. My question is can I replace the large white cylinder with green top & flush button or do I have to replace everything in the cistern? Are these fittings universal (such as the cradle the cylinder sits in) so much that I can buy a new one to fit in?

Thank you everyone for any and all help, I really appreciate it

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 63
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 105
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 62
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 64
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 82
Sponsored Links
You will need to buy a new complete flush valve but if you buy the same one then only replace the broken part.

Thank you mister banks, I’m not sure what brand this one is as it was bought by the plumbers who did the bathroom. Looks like I might have to replace the whole lot if I can’t locate the make..

Sponsored Links
Andy that’s amazing, thank you. You are right it looks similar. I might try going for this and see if it fits!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back