Help identify connector

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Need help to identify connector which has 5 wires ( connecting hob hood assembley) will appreciate if any one can let me know where i can get them from thanking in advance
20200309_085854.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hood is smeg! If identical not available what are/is my option google has not helped
Thanks

First - whats wrong with the one that you took a picture of?
What are you intending to do?

If it has 5 wires then another type of connector that's got good heat resistant properties can be used.

Edit: Although a quick search shows them hard to come by so perhaps a pair of 3 pin and 2 pin pairs can be used.
Also, whatever your doing - does it need the connector to be inline? can it be hardwired?

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
Sponsored Links
Thanks i have to replace control switch assembly replacement unit has different female connector
I was wanting in line connector so future replacement is easy but yes you are right it can be hardwired
Thanks for advise on 3and 2 pin is good alternate

Strong possibility! Of course! Many thanks! Simple if sucess

Not sure that the heat inside a range hood is so high that a special type of connector would be needed.

However, Multi Pin Plug/Socket connectors, such as these (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5Set-6-3...hash=item282b8abf00:m:mILfpQVOWrZceMP_qEgwafA), are used in vehicles, often close to engines, and may be suitable.
(They usually come with even numbers of contentions, so you may need a 6 pin connector but use only 5.)

While there appears to be plenty of space, there does not seem to be much spare length of lead available. You may need to extend one of the leads concerned using heat shrink tubing to insulate any soldered connections.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
  • Thanks
While there appears to be plenty of space, there does not seem to be much spare length of lead available. You may need to extend one of the leads concerned using heat shrink tubing to insulate any soldered connections.
Or a plug and socket. :LOL:

• Thanks
@fridoOne! Well spoted i was intending to extend the length i think heat shrink is the way forward
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back