Help identify new boiler

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi kindly bear with me i am sure this has been asked many a times before.
My aged mother has wb 230 rsf boiler 23kw which may come to end of life so am
Being pro active in identifying the replacement with help from yourselves.local
Guy has recomended baxi main 25he ecolite,baxiduotec24he,alpha24 intec and ideal
Logic+24kw i understand these are mid range & within her budget.He suggested baxi main
For easy parts availability & fix.thanking all in advance.

Sponsored Links
Not entirely sure what the question is, but I wouldn't fit any of them.

Intergas 24/18, or Intergas Eco RF24. Job done.

Eco RF has the advantage of remote monitoring coming soon.

7 and 10 year warranty respectively too.

If it's for an elderly relative the Intergas ECO all day long. When the remote module is launched you will be able to monitor temps etc wherever you are ;)

Sponsored Links
All of those are seen a s rather budget boilers.

Its not really a lot more to fit a better one like a Vaillant or an Intergas.

The installation should cost the same!

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
From the boilers listed, the duotec HE would get my vote followed by the Logic+. Would avoid the Alpha and am indifferent about the Main.

• Thanks
Thank you guys ! I did ask about intergas & he was honest to say never fitted one.But did say he
Hears good things about them.i appreciate the price difference not being lot more best perhaps
For him to fit what he is comfortable with & make a good job. Thanks again

For an elderly person I would fit the Duotec as the controls are so simple, it's also very reliable & most people have heard of Baxi. Most of the Baxi/Potterton & to some extent Main are almost the same boiler.
Better hope they're deaf as well as old...not the quietest boiler (possibly one of the loudest actually)

• Thanks
If it's for an elderly relative the Intergas ECO all day long. When the remote module is launched you will be able to monitor temps etc wherever you are ;)

But you can do that on other boilers at the moment, change parameters, reset a locked out appliance etc. I think it's only fair to inform an enquirer when making a comment or recommendation if you are an approved installer, get incentives or work for the company whose product is being recommended.:whistle:

But you can do that on other boilers at the moment, change parameters, reset a locked out appliance etc. I think it's only fair to inform an enquirer when making a comment or recommendation if you are an approved installer, get incentives or work for the company whose product is being recommended.:whistle:

I fitted Intergas boilers for 8 years before I went to work for them VC and I don't hide it - in fact it's on my profile ;)

Just pointing the OP in the direction of the best boilers on the market by miles :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back