Help Identifying Fitting on Hot Water Cylinder

RCr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My solar hot water cylinder does not have the usual drain cock on the cold feed. However it has this 15mm compression fitting at the bottom with the small hex fitting on the underside. There is a blanking disc in the compression fitting.

Is this a drain off fitting for the cylinder or something else? I have not seen this set up before, and certainly not the small hex fitting on the compression fitting.

Attachments

• 20220406_135345.jpg
    20220406_135345.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 83
Sponsored Links
There are several types on the market, looks like a drain off to me.

• Thanks
Reactions: RCr
Is it a dual coil cylinder? I.E. does it have a normal CH coil and a solar coil and are both being used?

Wouldn't normally expect a cylinder to have 2 CW entry points or a separate drain tapping, though in this game, never say never.

Sponsored Links
Yes its a dual coil and both coils are connected up. Like you say I've not seen a separate drain on a cylinder before, nor that particular fitting but it does seem the most likely thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back