Help identifying kitchen worktop

5 Feb 2024
Reaction score
Hello and nice to meet you.
I am trying to fix some burns from the worktop but i would like to be sure for
its type. I have uploaded two photos. Let me know if you need better photos.
Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for replying!
I suppose you want me to remove the screws in the following picture.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying!
Can i use a wax stick filler as a cheaper solution?
And for removing the brown color(burned) to use a toothpaste or some other solution?
It will constantly break around the edges of the burn, might as well bite the bullet and replace the whole thing.
"milliput" might buy you a few months more use out of the worksurface, wax sticks a few days.
£10 or so for a milliput pack, that will buy you a metre of so of worktop to splice in...
Thanks for replying.
By milliput pack you mean something like that ?
What do you mean that it will buy me a metre ? Two burns are half a centimeter and the other one 1.5 almost. I suppose i don't understand it correctly.
Moreover I don't understand why different videos propose wax sticks(i believe what you are saying about lasting a few days).
Finally to be clear. The best solution is to replace the whole worktop right ? It sounds really crazy but i suppose this is the best solution.
Thanks again.
On a kitchen worktop with constant hot and cold then cleaning, a wax stick will not last. also look up the price per metre of cheap worktop, then compare to the price of buying a whole pack of milliput that you will keep most of in a drawer for the next 10
You could use a circular saw to remove a 1 meter slice of worktop for almost the same price as your pack of milliput in white, I have some and after 20 years I still have most of the sticks, but it does not seem to fully set any more...

Wax sticks work for a french polish finish as that is always cleaned with care and not so frequently. you can peel fragments off a wax stick with your finger nail, no knife required, how well will that stay on a busy kitchen surface.
Last edited:
Do you mean that i can buy a slice of worktop(that matches mine) and then cut the burnt area(a square) and replace it with the new one?
Of course this needs a carpenter. Am i right ?
I will try the white milliput solution as you have advised me.
I suppose this is the thing that i have to buy
Thanks again!
yes, superfine white is a good one to get, it is a two part epoxy. Try and clean the knife you use to cut a bit off between cutting each stick, or it might get a crust on the end. you can burnish it when nearly set to get it shinier too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links