Help identifying plastic part for window

6 Jan 2015
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I'm having an issue closing a window properly and on closer inspection it appears two pieces of plastic that go either side (apologises I have no idea what these are called!) are missing.

These are present on my other windows and enable the window to be pulled in & close and lock.

Would anyone know what these plastic parts are called so I can get replacements? Pic attached.

Many Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately I don't think the plastic parts are relevant to the issue after looking into it more.

Essentially, the window won't close properly / securely when the handled is turned - you can just push it open. It's not 'latching' at all..

I've uploaded a video showing the problem so if anyone would be kind enough to view it & give me some suggestions as to what the problem and solution would be that would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Crank was alluding to the run up blocks not being the issue. You may get away with repacking the glass , adjusting the sash postion on the hinges or worst case new hinges. One of those three should sort it
Ok so, it's top hung and the weight of the glass has pulled the casement sash down a few millimetres thus meaning the sliding cams are hitting the frame keeps and pushing the casement sideways as seen in the video instead of sliding into one of the two slots, there isn't much tolerance only a few mm and this can happen. Solution is to open the window and stand outside and look at the hinge screws acrewed into the casement, there should be 3, 2 holes are elongated and one isn't normally the centre one, remove this one and loosen the other 2 , get a helper to push the casement up while you retighten the screws, you may have to reposition the screws if you can't push it up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local