Help, ikea fitting

Sponsored Links
A plug with a 3A fuse would be ok but where would you plug it in and site the transformer?. Does not sound the ideal method of installing it.

do you realise the lights you have linked to are meant to be "strung" between two surfaces i.e walls, floor ceiling.

and the transformer mounted next to them, as the wires are NOT rigid they will just fall down in a "heap", but by being mounted as they should they are taught

i'm sure the ones i've seen like that were rigid. what makes you say that set isn't?

Sponsored Links
These are of the "2 cable" variety
Halogen bulb 3 pcs included.
The lamp must be placed at least 20 cm from other objects as halogen bulbs get very hot.
Transformer conventional, built-in 50/60 Hz.
2x5m wire included

I am not sure if these cables will create a short if they are touched together. I have seen some of these before at IKEA and they seem to be covered in a plastic layer. Not quite sure how that works. I wouldn't risk it, you might blow the fuse in the transformer. If you want the transformer out of sight, put it in the ceiling, and route the cables up through 2 plastic ceiling roses - or a blanking plate with 2 holes drilled.

crafty1289 said:
These are of the "2 cable" variety
Halogen bulb 3 pcs included.
The lamp must be placed at least 20 cm from other objects as halogen bulbs get very hot.
Transformer conventional, built-in 50/60 Hz.
2x5m wire included

I am not sure if these cables will create a short if they are touched together. I have seen some of these before at IKEA and they seem to be covered in a plastic layer. Not quite sure how that works.

The cables do have plastic insulation on them - the lamps screw onto the cables, piercing the insulation and contacting the conductor.

Cheers,

Howard

This is what i thought - insulation piercing - but i thought these used the same lamp fittings as the rigid bar lights (which dont have insulation). The rigid bar ones dont have a spike, but maybe im wrong and they aren't interchangeable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back