Electric Fire

Sponsored Links
As it is a fixed appliiance it woulk be preferable to provide a 16A dedicated radial with 20A DP switch adjacent (a brass one might look good).

However most people would fit a 13A DP FCU off the ring.

The local DP switch allows you to safely isolate it for servicing or in the event of a fault or emergency (so should be in clear sight).

The very similar one I have came with a plug this too was very handy for isolating it when removed from the socket! :D

We install quite alot of those sort of fires for a local fire place co.

We would normally spur an FCU off the ring, and feed a single socket behind the fire from the FCU.

This allows the fire to be readily isolated if needed without having to pull out the whole unit, and if the fire needs removing for service or replacement it can be just unplugged.

Sponsored Links
An FCU and a fused plug?

That's twice a many fuses as the ideal number ;)

13A in the plugtop, and 10A in the FCU. ;)

Nearly put that in my first post just to save being moaned at :LOL:

surely you want 13A in the plugtop and 10A in the FCU so the more accessible one blows first.

Cant find my info right now but does a 10A fuse discriminate with a 13A? Think the ratio has to be > 1 : 1.6

I think it was just an unconvincing cover-up :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back