HELP: Installing Crosswater Water Square Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

After an age (more than 2 months, long story) the basin and taps I ordered for our WC have turned up. The tap is a Crosswater Water Square Mini, and I don't have any problem understanding the physical connection of the tap to the basin, but the water hoses have got me stumped.

There are 2 hoses that screw into the underside of the monoblock. These are fairly standard braided hoses, except the other end terminates in a just a nut (a compression joint is what I was expecting). Although the size is different it's like the tap end of a flexible tap hose, albeit without any rubber washer.

So, this obviously has to screw into something - but now I'm stumped.

In addition in the box there is a pair of what I can only describe as universal joint like thingies (sorry for the lack of a technical term here!) and also a pair of outlet covers. I have no idea how to plumb this lot to standard 15mm feed pipes. Help!

In the image I have marked each element as follows...

(1) Is the end that screws up into the base of the monoblock tap. I have two hoses.
(2) Is the other end of one of the hoses.
(3) Is one of the universal coupling thingies. There's a washer that looks like it belongs here too.
(4) Is what I presume to be a wall cover plate.

I really cannot see how this stuff is supposed to go together.

The nut (2) will fit onto the end of the universal coupling (3) if I remove the smaller nut on the end of the coupling. There is however no washer inside (2) so I feel this will leak, unless of couse I'm supposed to purchase a washer. The other end of the universal coupling (3) looks like it should attach to a regular compression thread but it doesn't (it's a little too large).

This has me well confused - the Crosswater web site does not include any insallation guides and I've hunted on the web too but all to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on my dilemma!

Sponsored Links
would nut (2) fit on a wall elbow or shower plate?

In some countries they have this sort of thing sticking out of the wall, controlled by a service valve, so you can fix taps and WC cisterns to them. looks quite sensible but I have never tried to fit one.

The shower adaptor plates are incredibly expensive but I expect there is an elbow that would do the trick. I would guess a 15mm x 1/2" male elbow but one of the pro's will have done this and know the right thing to use. The shower elbows appear to be 15mm x 3/4"

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/29323...ies/Shower-Fittings/Triton-Bar-Mixer-Bracket#

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/77593...gs/Triton-Bar-Mixer-Fixing-For-Exposed-Pipes#

Dextrous - thanks, you correctly identified what I needed and I can now fit this stuff this weekend. Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated. Thanks JohnD too!

Sponsored Links
I have exactly the same problem - with exactly the same taps. Unfortunately the links provided by Dextrous are no longer working and so I can't see the solution. I have tried connecting the universal thingies directy onto a 15mm compression fitting - with and without washers - but it doesn't really work - can't really get a decent seal. So the real question is what can I screw onto with the funny size nut on the end of the tap connectors?

Any help welcome.
thanks

Haven't seen these before. If it was me, I would just buy a pair of flexis with 15mm compression ends.

Make sure you get the right size ones, as the ends that fit into the tap are available in two different sizes

I have bought a set of these taps also. The nut end of the flex tails are to small to connect to an isolator valve.

Reading the instruction( being a man I've resisted so far) It says to connect the flex tails to the supplied filters and shows a diagram with the flexible knuckle type things. But I wouldnt call them filters.

Thanks guys - I am sure you are right - just ditch the fancy but useless flexis and get something useable. Another £20!

Thanks guys - I am sure you are right - just ditch the fancy but useless flexis and get something useable. Another £20!

If, as hinted above they are a spurious size can you let us know where you got the Tails from.

Thanks again - the tails do look a funny size. Cetainly the 10mm ones I looked at in WIckes look too fat and don't have long enough barrels on the tap end.
Wickes do however have a 12mm-15mm compression reducer as suggested (couldnt find one in B&Q before) and that does the trick very nicely thankyou.

I've just had my plumber round and he looked at those knuckle thingies took the nut off the smaller one attached it to the tails and connected the bigger end to the isolator valve.

Why were we worrying all the bits were there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back