Help - kitchen move to another room - Utilities

16 Jul 2016
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I am looking to relocate my kitchen to another adjacent room of the house for a better layout and to create a utility in the adjacent rear half of the garage.

The question i have is the kitchen is in the original part of the house and the new location is in a later built extension, how difficult is it likely to be to re-route the required cabling for the supply to the hob/oven. This will be some 4+ meters from its current location and will need (i asssme to got through the original external wall (now internal).

i.e. Will this require ripping out the ceiling in both rooms to run the cabling through void between floors and then chasing into the wall in the new room. NB both old and new rooms have a concrete slab.

Simple line drawing attached to show the location of old and new oven (where the isolator/junction will need to be). The fuse box is located at the front of the property

NB: plumbing for water supply and waste is planned to run the supply into the new room and around the internal walls to the sink with the waste coming out of the eternal wall and into the existing drain albeit with an additional run length.


Moved from Your Projects,
I cannot split your post up, please can you re-post plumbing questions in the plumbing forum.


  • Kitchen move.pdf
    44 KB · Views: 321
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local