Help! Laminate flooring > Leak > How would you return these boards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps, I've had a leak and had to pull some boards to fix. Any tips on how to safely return these boards?

IMG_5012.JPG

There's 4 full planks and one half to the door trim.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be really helpful.

Many thanks,

Steve.

Sponsored Links
Can they be returned in, long ways?

Okay my plan was to remove the male edge and end and glue the edges and return the boards. The underlay used is a Diall 5mm Wood fibre. What do you think, will the edges likley hold?

The glue I had planed to use would either be a clear Gorilla wood glue or Titebond III.

You will need to take up more to put down easily.Did you remove without damage?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Foxhole, I have a few spare boards if ness - but yes they were removed without any damage.

Why would you take up additional boards.. what ones? Also do you think the male end removal and glue would hold okay?

Hi Foxhole, you may have missed my reply above. Can I ask what additional boards you would remove? Thanks :)

I would remove all the boards up to the right hand wall. Right as in the pic. you are going to have to remove more boards anyway to replace the damp underlay which will disintergrate if you don't. I don't know how far back that room goes but you may have to remove all the boards to the back wall as well and basically start again. Not saying that is what you should do it is what I would do.

Perfect thanks for that Pete, appreciated :) Do you think I'll be able to slide them from under the skirts?

I would try sliding the one on the left of the picture first by engaging the tonge on the right edge and tapping the plank in.
Once in position you would probably be able to jiggle it up and down and interlock the left edge, and finally the short side.
The other boards can be easily fitted by sliding them in from the threshold.
Vaseline will help, but not essential.

In fact, on a second look, you could remove the half plank on the left side of the door frame to make things a lot easier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back