Help lifting beams through loft hatch

Sod that for a lark, I'd have called in the professionals. They can bugger up their ball sac, and get constipated to boot.

Sponsored Links
Haha thanks chaps lots of good ideas here. Sure we’ll get it sorted in next few days. Maybe we’ll just have a go brute force with ropes pulling it up. We tried pushing it up yesterday and that was a no go. Health and safety priority. I don’t usually work with steel wood’s my thing so am cautious and want to do it safely.

Sponsored Links
Well the good news is we did it with brute force and some rope. Purchased some high tensile rope from screw fix with a payload strength of 160kg, tied 4 lengths to each hole on each beam and me and brother in law hauled each one up, precariously using the ladder rungs as support as we did. Hardest part was 'tipping' it as it came through and pulling back on them so they didn't fall back through. Job done. Pulling, rather than pushing was key.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back