Help me decide!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people
I'm about to purchase a new single oven and cant decide between a John Lewis branded oven (Electrolux made I believe) with 3 years warranty and removal of my old oven for £359
Or a clearance priced Beko with a larger capacity with 2 year warranty from BandQ for £325.
Which of these 2 brands are the more reliable or better cookers?
Any advice appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Spoon
Sorry but cannot respond based on which is "more reliable or better".

How about, if you cannot decide on the two based on Reliability or Quality then you may have to choose based on Look and Feel.
You have to look at it all the time and use its handles, knobs (owo er) and trays every time you cook.
So have a go a handling each of them and see which feels and looks nicest to you and buy that one.
SFK

Sponsored Links
you say "oven" not "cooker"

Assuming you want a single built-in oven,

"Which" results around your price range:

Zanussi ZOP37902XK score 79%
best buy
around £380
has pyrolytic cleaning

Zanussi ZOB35301XK
score 76%
best buy
on offer £300
"JC Campbell Electrics"

Neff B14M42S5GB
score 74%
best buy
around £390
JC Campbell Electrics

Neff B14M42N5GB
74%
best buy
around £340
John Lewis

Last edited:
I am not a cook, with an oven you can get all sorts of features, I know my stand alone belling has 12 options from closed door grilling, fan and non fan and heat from different points, in many ways returning to the control we had with the old solid fuel, push the damper in or pull the damper out smoke went up the chimney just the same, but it heated the oven very different.

With all the new controls I thought a Mrs Beeton cook book would be ideal, it was written before gas and electric ovens came out, so should say how to heat the oven. Well some one must have rewritten it as it has nothing about dampers and has Gas Mark setting.

So although we use the closed door grilling most the other features are unused, I am sure school kids today are taught when to use side heat, bottom heat, top heat and back fan heat, but as a boy when I went to school boys did not even do cooking never mind be taught how to use an oven.

Some ovens heat up and cool down quick others specially range cookers as slow to change, with built in oven in mothers house we have to warm it first, it is under 3 kW but at home the stand alone cooker has an oven with multi elements and we just stick the food in and switch on at the same time, as it heats up so quick.

Now as electricians how do you really expect us to know which is the best oven, some the shelves can fall out, others have runners like a filling cabinet and no way will food end up on the floor.

Not sure about Witch I think the over would need to be rather big to fit a whole Witch in one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back