Help me find a replacement ceramic fuse numbered T1H250V ple

Just pondering my reply given your other oft-stated position regarding changes in usage of words, and wondering how best to explore the apparent inconsistency between what you say about the "meaning" of "lamp", and what you have said about the meaning of "mayoress", or "electrocution", to pick just two examples.
I'll respond to that in the other thread in which you have just written exactly the same thing!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I reckon that is close to QED for me :) Language is about effective and unambiguous communication. The above exchange surely indicates that what has been done to the use/meaning of the word "lamp" has undermined that principle?
I refer the honourable gentleman to what has been done to effectively and unambiguously communicating the position of Mayor as opposed to the female consort of a Mayor, or a fatal electric shock as opposed to a non-fatal one, both of which he has in the past defended on the basis that language changes, and people use words to mean different things to what they meant an instant before.

I refer the honourable gentleman to what has been done to effectively and unambiguously communicating the position of Mayor as opposed to the female consort of a Mayor, or a fatal electric shock as opposed to a non-fatal one, both of which he has in the past defended on the basis that language changes, and people use words to mean different things to what they meant an instant before.
A third time in quick succession - was it perhaps a particularly good bottle this evening'?! If you can be a little patient I'll respond to it in the other thread!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back