Help! My Jaquar shower is constantly dripping.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I have a small wetroom in my flat and the wall mounted Jaquar shower has started to constantly drip, leaving a wet patch on the floor at all times.

There is one wall mounted unit under the showerhead with 2 taps. One controls the water flow (left to the bath or right to the shower) and the other controls the temperature. But even when the water flow tap is in the upright position (off) there is still a drip from the showerhead about every 10 seconds.

Any advice anyone could give me would be much appreciated. Does this really require a plumber or is it something I could do myself?

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Katie

Sponsored Links
new washer, simple job!

Google it

My plumber says this type of shower doesn't have washer and that I need a fixer kit. Have googled this and can't find anything like that on the market.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
This could be a real tricky one, but try Lunns.net
I think you'll need a cartridge, and they are usually mega bucks :(
John :)

I just had to replace the cartidge in mine - set me back 100 quid. Might as well get a new, cheapo shower each time. :(

Gutted! Thanks for the confirmation though, at least I know my options!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back