Help needed on wiring in ceiling rose

TTC: could be a consequence of a continuity fault elsewhere.

He did say he has done a few.

Sponsored Links
Ok guys. It seems my son took ceiling rose down. Connected ride to red blue to blue. The light came on then tripped the breaker. He couldn't sort it so put the ceiling rose back as it was! C.U box is in kitchen. Downstairs lights are -kitchen, toilet ,hall,living room. X2 twin and earth coming out of living room ceiling, borrowed a quality multimeter to test the switch live, got continuity across L & N with switch in on, nothing when off .connected as per posts on here and still nothing!!! There is an outdoor light on this circuit that will work with breaker, if I isolate breaker, it doesn't! Behind the living room switch is blue red earth ( so not looped)wondering if next course of action is to check connections on all downstairs lights, but worked fine before his attempt!! Sorry if I'm late getting back as im on nights this week so not much spare time! Will re attempt any suggestions on Saturday, thanks in advance

Ok guys. It seems my son took ceiling rose down. Connected ride to red blue to blue. The light came on then tripped the breaker.
That's because he decided that not having a clue how it worked should not be a reason for him to not fiddle with it.

C.U box is in kitchen. Downstairs lights are -kitchen, toilet ,hall,living room. X2 twin and earth coming out of living room ceiling, borrowed a quality multimeter to test the switch live, got continuity across L & N with switch in on, nothing when off .connected as per posts on here and still nothing!!! There is an outdoor light on this circuit that will work with breaker, if I isolate breaker, it doesn't! Behind the living room switch is blue red earth ( so not looped)wondering if next course of action is to check connections on all downstairs lights, but worked fine before his attempt!! Sorry if I'm late getting back as im on nights this week so not much spare time! Will re attempt any suggestions on Saturday, thanks in advance
No need to wait until then - my suggestion is that you get an electrician - you also really don't know enough to be fiddling with it.

Sponsored Links
I'm now extremely confused. Your first post says you are struggling with your ceiling rose.

Your last one before this post says it seems your son took the ceiling rose down.

What's going on? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back