Help needed replacing a double light switch plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be very grateful for some advice with replacing a damaged double light switch. You will see from the photos attached that there are 2 lots of wiring in the current switch even though it only operates one light. I could not find an exact match replacement switch so you will also see that the appearance of the new switch is different. Normally I would be happy to change a switch plate myself but this is does not appear as straightforward as I would like!!

Could someone with more electrical expertise than me tell me which colour wires go where on the new switch please? Images of the switches can be viewed in my photo album at //www.diynot.com/network/Badger66/albums/15087

Thank you,

Badger66[/img]

Sponsored Links
Red to COM on one switch along with the red loop to the other COM
Yellow to L1 on one switch
Blue to L1 on the other switch

You'll probably also need to trim back the ends of some of the wires as MK switches don't need a lot of copper showing.

Its a little hard to see the markings on the existing switch.. Its simple though.

The red wire put into the COM terminal and add another piece of red wire so the other COM is also connected.

Blue wire to one of the L1 terminals
Yellow wire to the other L1.

All this done with the power off, of course!

There should be another light that this switch operates, somewhere!

EDUT Arghhh too slow........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back